Most people don’t realize that the fungi commonly known as ‘black mold’ (Stachybotrys chartarum) is a serious problem and it can severely compromise your immune system if you are exposed for more than your body can handle. Each type of mold has different effects on the body but the most dangerous types or species of mold are those that produce mycotoxins which wreak havoc on our health.
Take migraines for instance. Did you know that mold in your home can trigger nasty migraines? Yes, especially toxic species of mold like Aspergillus and S. chartarum. Most people living in hot humid, damp areas have serious mold issues in their home and don’t even know why they keep getting infections and upper respiratory sicknesses. Here is a list of things that daily toxic mold exposure can cause:
- Respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing & sinusitis.
- Asthmatic signs; wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, burning in lungs, etc.
- Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea & diarrhea.
- Difficulty swallowing & mucous.
- Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Thyroid irregularities,
- Migraines & Headaches
- Anxiety/depression, heart palpitations
- Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities
- Night head sweats, and drooling while sleeping, profuse sweating
- Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)
- Joint/muscle stiffness and pain
- Irregular heart beat