I love Red Rose Petals. At home we use them in everything from our crafts to our teas and herbal baths. We have on more than one occasion also used them to make a delicious rose petal jam. Once a friend of mine had really bad mouth sores and I quickly made her a strong Red Rose Petal tea for her to swoosh around in her mouth. After a few days of using this fragrant remedy, all her sores that normally lasted several weeks were gone. Simply Amazing.
Red Rose Petals are one of Gods Green herbs that we use often and enjoy adding to our recipes. But you probably did not know that Red Rose Petals have many medicinal properties. Here are just a few:
- Rose petals are rejuvenating and prove to be a tonic.
- They are used to treat internal asthma, high blood pressure, bronchitis, slow circulation, diarrhea, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), cough, fever and fluid retention, indigestion, insomnia, palpitation, stress and urinary tract infections.
- Due to their strong and pleasant fragrance, rose petals are used for making essential oils and perfumes.
- They are ingested as a tea to provide a comforting effect and diminish body temperatures during high fevers.
- The tea also effectively cleanses toxins and heat from the body.
- The infusion prepared from the rose petals is used to alleviate cold and flu symptoms.
- The infusion is also effective in treating sore throats, runny nose and congested bronchial tracts.
- The petals effectively combat infections in the digestive system and restore the normal and essential bacteria in the intestines.
- They have a diuretic effect and hence, are beneficial in relieving excessive fluids from the urinary bladder.
- Rose petals help to get rid of the waste and toxic substances in the body, through the kidneys.
- They alleviate problems of insomnia, depression and fatigue.
To make a strong herbal tea simply boil a cup of water and pour over 2 tablepoons of red rose petals. Cover and steep for 5 minutes then strain and enjoy. At home we NEVER toss the strained herbs. Why? Oh, I’ll spill the beans and give you one of my oldest beauty tips.
Ready for this? It’s quite simple. Use the strained petals to gently rub on your clean product free face. If you can, lay down and place the petals over you face for 5 to 10 minutes then gently exfoliate with them and do Not wash your face afterwards. I have been doing this for years and it’s a fantastic inexpensive way to keep your skin radiant and soft.
I also use red rose petals in one of our customer favorites called I’m an Organic Baby Bath™ (blend of organic loose herbs).
This bath came about because I wanted to treat my children to a non chemical bath that would sooth and cleanse their skin. We enjoy these baths weekly especially our latest baby, he loves taking herbal baths with mommy. You don’t have to be a baby to enjoy its healing properties; it’s a great herbal bath for everyone! Contact LCO for pricing and purchasing details.
As always if you are going to use any herb make sure it’s pesticide, fungicide and herbicide free. If you need help finding organic herbs at a reasonable price please contact LCO here.
Many Blessings to you and yours!
La Chica Organica, also known as Mmmmoooooommmmmiiiiiieeeeeeee on days like today when the kids are a little under the weather. So I am signing off to make an herbal bath, mix up a quick batch of immunity syrup and make some more of my winter balm.
La Chica Organica Herbal Medicine Class