If you were to look in my purse right now or look in my office you would find my “little herbal stash” that I use during an emergency. I never know when I am going to encounter an insect bite, wasp sting, upset stomach, vomiting, diaper rash, virus or sore throat.
You parents especially should carry a few things on you that in my experience have proven time and time again to rescue me and others in an emergency.
Just this week alone my little herbal stash helped 9 people not counting our family members.
So what’s in my herbal stash?
Here are just a few things that I try to never leave home without:
- Mom’s Miraculous Salve™which is my own formulation and has turned out to be a favorite by many. It is made with 100% organic ingredients. There are no fillers, carcinogens, petrochemicals, stabilizers or neuro-toxins used. It can be used by the whole family and can be applied to cleaned wounds, sprains, bug bites, stings, sores, diaper rashes, and dry chapped skin. We use this instead of Neosporin. This salve contains herbs that help draw out infection and reduce inflammation so its uses are endless and a must have for any family. It’s also very effective as a diaper rash ointment for our baby and keeps him rash free all the time without the use of toxic creams. A little goes a long way so a small-sized tin can last several months depending on your needs and fits great in diaper bags, pockets, purses and even expandable wallets. Click here for more info.
- Organic Loose – For irritated eyes, sty’s and pink eye we have used 1 teaspoons of chamomile in 1/4 cup of hot water and after steeping for a few minutes poured it into the muslin bag (a cotton draw string bag) and placed on affected eye for 5 to 10 minutes. I have found that a chamomile tea can also be brewed, strained and placed in a dropper bottle and used inside the eyes for sty’s and pink eye. We have used this remedy successfully on several occasions. At work once when I had a sty I placed the dropper bottle in the fridge (for a cooling effect on the itchy swollen eye) and it felt so good when I placed the drops in my eye.
- Immunity Rescue™ Tincture – I make fresh batches of this organic tincture once every 3 months so we can give away as needed and have enough for us to use. This is an intense immunity booster with over 8 organic herbs possessing anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. For more information click here.
- Cayenne Pepper – I carry a very potent extract in my purse but you can use organic powdered Cayenne as well. This is another miracle herb I never leave home without. It is useful to promote circulation, stop an asthma attack, alleviate a sore throat, aid digestion, regulate blood pressure and stop internal and external bleeding. Just a small amount has been known to stop a heart attack in under a minute. For a recent article I wrote on this click here.
- Bare to Butter™ – Another wonderful product I formulated and make to help with my daughters eczema around her eyes. It’s a special blend of organic unprocessed Shea Butter. It’s also a great quick fix for canker sores, burns and irritated skin.
- Garlic (fresh or in capsule form, but fresh is better) – Crushed and placed in tea for its anti-bacterial properties, garlic can alleviate the nastiest of sore throats and ward off infection. We have used garlic in tea for years as a safe antibiotic alternative for throat infections and bacterial infections. One to two cloves per 8 ounce cup of tea is the minimum I recommend. And if you suffer from high blood pressure garlic boasts as a blood pressure regulator.
- Mullein & Garlic Oil Ear Drops – Itchy ears can usually mean that an infection or inflammation is underway. That is when we grab for these drops which can be made at home or purchased at your local health-food store. We have used them these past couple of years on the entire family to prevent ear infections. Mullein has been treasured for centuries for its anti-inflammatory properties and for killing the bacteria that often leads to earache and infection. As a side note, I have cut a small piece of garlic and wrapped it in gauze and then placed the wrapped garlic into the ear canal. Pain and infection in the ear usually disappear immediately or in a few hours, but be sure not to shove the garlic inside the ear just place it so that it rests in the opening like an ear plug would.
I hope you enjoyed this tidbit about “my little herbal stash”. Remember that God created all things including herbs so that we might benefit from their medicinal uses. In a day when many people do not have insurance its important to know what can be used for everyday ailments and emergencies.
He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.. Psalm 104:14
Remember to live life as a gift and give that gift away everyday!™ Blessings – LCO
- Herbal Tea for Colds, Throat Irritation and Infection (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- What is something simple you can use to help with bug bites, scrapes, diaper rashes and more? (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- Tea for all your troubles! (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- Cold and Flu Cocktails/Remedies – What you Should Have on Hand! (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- Bathing with Herbs an Ancient Tradition (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- Beginner’s Herbal Health Kit – Herbs Made Easy (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- Can you make herbal medicine at home? (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)
- Make your own Herbal Perfume (lachicaorganica.wordpress.com)